Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Pain

Being LGBT we face so many things that cause us pain in life. Trying to figure yourself out in a world that has little to no definition of you is hard. Add in misunderstanding and hate it gets worse. Top that with those who for whatever reason dismiss your pain and life can be down right miserable.

I have known a lot of pain in my time. More pain has visited my soul than any person should have to bear. To me the most hurtful pains are those misguided people who try to force you to be something you are not and can never be and of course those who dismiss your pain.

If you are out there and don't understand then let me try and give you a glimpse of my perspective.

It hurts to be peacefully sitting in a doctors office waiting your turn and you have to hear someone make a gay joke. It hurts when people stare at you because your not quite masculine enough and they are judging you. It hurts when career options are eliminated because your not what they want.

It hurts knowing you have to censor yourself just to be safe, to be safe from being murdered and hung from a fence in the middle of no where. It hurts when your doctor is not LGBT friendly and you can not share all the details that may pertain to you. It hurts knowing at any time you can be evicted from your apartment, fired from your job, or denied service for simply existing.

It hurts when people you love say things that undermine your very existence. It hurts that simple expressions of love are as dangerous as committing a robbery. It hurts when people who are leaders want to arrest, imprison, and murder you. It hurts when men of God forsake love for hate. It hurts...

For all of you out there who still don't get it I only want love. I don't care if you don't understand, I don't care if you don't agree, and I don't care if you find it odd. I do care how you treat me.

All people in this world deserve equal treatment, respect, and love. All people hurt but people should not hurt for simply existing. I am me! I am love! I hurt!

Part of me wants to say shame! The other says there has been enough pain. Let's just love each other as fellow souls on this earth. If you don't want to be part of my life then don't be. But, it is my life and I am entitled to live it as I am and as I choose.

There is enough pain in life as it is. Stop the hurt! Love!



Love is Never Wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment