Sunday, June 5, 2016

Survival

Today I want to talk about a very serious topic. Many of us in life are survivors. Some of us however have harder stories than others. Regardless we each have our pains. Each and everyone of us feel it differently or has maybe had to much for one soul to bear.

I can't tell you such pains, indignity, or horrors will leave your mind. Sometimes you just can't forget things. Sometimes to do so might do more harm than if they remained. I can tell you however life is one day at a time. I can tell you there are good people out there somewhere. I can tell you there may very well be good times to come.

Life is not always easy. Sometimes it's a nightmare. Sometime we are left so shaken we have nothing left to rebuild with. These are the times when I tell you to cling to the light and the good people. Sometimes you have to borrow strength, will, and hope from others because yours is shattered laying strewn and broken across the ground.

The hardest thing I can tell you is when you have reached those points. Maybe it has been to horrific or you have endured to much for to long. We as a people have a responsibility to help those try and rebuild. We may not succeed and we may not know how but we must try.

I've shared with you all some of the things I have been through. There have been many more. I've walked in Hell. Some owe me debts they can never repay. Some would laugh in my face at the thought they owed me a thing. In all honesty I have my days where I wonder if I can hold these pains and tears.

Being a survivor is not easy. There is one thing I can tell you all with certainty however. Your still here. That my dear friends gives you a chance and hope. I know that feeling of being so broken you have nothing left and wobble like a house of cards shaking in the wind. I know the shame and pain. I know the indignity of people who commit such atrocities walking free and unpunished. I know the hurt of running into them and all that rises back up.

Cling to the light. Whether it be faith, a friend, family, or whatever lends you enough power for one more day. Why some of you may ask? Well, my answer is quite simple. With enough days you may begin to rebuild some of those shattered pieces even if ever so slowly.

I can only tell you all to try. Take that unsteady step forward. It is fine to to shuffle your feet and inch forward every so cautiously. It is ok to have doubts. It is ok to cry. It is ok to ache. Be you however you can. Life is about living.

We can't control the actions of others but we can live. Maybe we have to move or relearn how but we have to live. Now I won't pretend that are not things so vile or you have gone through to much and you cant make it. However you must try.

In my own life there are things that have gone on so long, things so painful,  and event so horrific I don't have a clue how to fix them all. I'm not even sure they can ever be completely fixed. Still I try. I hope, I pray, and I take those uneasy steps that one day I may find peace, love, and joy of once again being just me.

Being a survivor I can tell you is probably the hardest, most painful, and emotionally tiring thing I can imagine. I can also tell you it is the most vital thing we can do. Our words, our stories, and our lives can share and pass on these things to others. We can make them aware. We one by one can make a difference in the lives of others who have endured. We can warn and protect others from enduring.

Survival is about life. It is about our own and all those around us. We are the light offering shelter to others lost in darkness. And we we are warnings to stay out of it. If nothing else we love. I know that one can be oh so hard but trust me true love doesn't hurt.

Love others, love life and love you. That journey through the night will bring you unto morning. Rest safely then and know another day has past. A new piece of you has been built. Who knows with enough days you will learn even at night we can turn on the lights.

Survival is about love. It's about loving you. Even if we must borrow the love of others to begin doing that.



Love is Never Wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment