Friday, June 17, 2011

Universal Human Rights

This morning I am pleased to read a story from the Towleroad news blog. The United Nations for the first time has made a declaration that condemns discrimination and violence against LGBT people around the world. It also lays out the formation of a panel to review and track such incidents.

I may not have always had my blog, but in life I have long advocated for Universal Human Rights. All people deserve respect, dignity, and the freedom to live their life as anyone else. I am glad today others now share my hopes. Please make a difference.

Speak and tell your stories. Relay all that has been waged against you and those like you. Share the struggles of trying to be equal. The UN is now listening, help them understand. Only with knowledge of such acts can people be made aware.

Here is the link to the original story.

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/breaking-un-human-rights-body-passes-historic-resolution-in-support-of-lgbt-rights-anti-discriminati.html



Love is Never Wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment